This The Mystery behind the Biggest Bears of All Time video also includes:
Bears come in many different shapes and sizes. Follow the evolution of the prehistoric bear through time in an episode from the PBS Eon series. The narrator discusses the evolution of the bear by examining adaptations and their advantages in different environments.
- Incorporate the video lesson when studying adaptations and natural selection
- Have pupils view the lesson independently and use class time to discuss the evolutionary adaptations
- Expects a basic understanding of natural selection
- Allows for the use of closed captioning to assist with vocabulary
- Includes a timeline to help understand the magnitude of the time required for adaptations to occur