Historically, Franz Kafka's The Metamorphosis has been difficult for many readers to grasp. From the difficult translation issues to the complex plot and themes, the novel's message and story can be lost when learners can't get their arms around the words themselves. Guide high schoolers through Kafka's masterpiece with a concept analysis guide, that provides insightful literary details, a list of film adaptations, and descriptions of the conflicts that tear Gregor apart.
- Include the points and details of the novel in a reference guide for learners to refer to periodically throughout their reading
- Use the concept analysis when planning a unit on Kafka or The Metamorphosis
- Designed for instructors, the resource lists all important events in the story and the other parts of the resource note relevant literary elements
- Comes with project ideas that learners can complete prior to beginning the novel
- Provides a basis for the literary analysis that will come later in the unit
- Includes a summary of the text for reference, as well as any affective issues that could alter the way instructors approach the text