This The Meaning of the Fourteenth Amendment lesson plan also includes:
The Fourteenth Amendment was extremely important to civil rights and is a crucial one to remember. The resource teaches about the Supreme Court decisions related to the amendment through writing exercises, reading, and working in small groups to foster learning about the function of the Fourteenth Amendment to American government and society.
- Review the abolition movement and the Reconstruction Era to provide learners with the context needed to understand the importance of the Fourteenth Amendment
- Requires some materials, including several large sheets of paper, markers, tape, and two handouts
- The resource uses a QuickTime video and requires projection technology as well as Internet access
- Supplies a warm-up and homework assignment
- Provides ideas for extension activities