This The Humans That Lived Before Us video also includes:
You may struggle to find similarities between humans and many of our ancestors. Fossil evidence finds more and more signs of similarities between humans and many other species. A lesson outlines the fossil evidence and the questions scientists must consider as they classify species.
- Create a tree diagram showing the ancestors of the human species discussed in the lesson
- Have learners create a list of characteristics they believe should be present to prove linkage to human ancestry
- Knowledge of the hierarchy of species classification is helpful
- Uses images of actual fossils to make claims
- Discusses several different strategies of classification