This The Hellacious Lives of the "Hell Pigs" video also includes:
Some animals have more in common than meets the eye. An episode of the PBS Eon series analyzes the fossil records of a mammal nicknamed the hell pig. The lesson describes how evolutionary methods determine the genetic evolution of the specimen.
3 Views 0 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- After viewing the video, have pupils create a phylogenic tree of the species featured in the video
- Have learners compare and contrast the features of the modern pig with the hell pigs
- Expects a general understanding of genetic variation
- Discusses real fossil evidence
- Offers the option for closed captioning