This The Gulf of Tonkin Resolution and Escalation of the Vietnam War lesson plan also includes:
The Gulf of Tonkin Resolution propelled America's involvement into a bloody conflict—and it was based on a fallacy. Using the resolution and other documents from the Vietnam War, including declassified documents, young historians evaluate the American entry into Vietnam. Activities push pupils to consider what America should have done now that the historical picture is clearer.
- Evaluate the legitimacy of the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution using other primary source evidence
- Compare America's entry to the Vietnam War to its entry into other conflicts
- Learners need Internet access to complete activities
- Prompts are engaging and build evaluation and synthesis skills
- Resource allows for a deep dive on an event that often gets glossed over
- Some audio files may not play, but the resource includes transcripts