This The Grand Challenge lesson plan also includes:
Magnetic resonance imaging, just how safe is it? The introduction to unit study of magnetic resonance imaging technology presents the grand challenge questions of how an MRI machine works, the risks involved, the physics involved, and safety precautions needed. The class brainstorms the information they need to develop a presentation for the class. The remaining lessons and activities in the 14-part series help provide that information.
- Invite an MRI technician to come speak to the class
- Divide the class into groups and have each group conduct research about MRI machines and provide information to the class
- This first lesson presents the question that drives the entire unit
- The plan provides background information for the teacher about magnetic resonance imaging
- The assessment plan contains journaling topics
- The link for the second video is the incorrect link