This The Donkey in the Lion’s Skin audio also includes:
Have you ever tried to be someone you're not? Aesop's "The Donkey in the Lion's Skin" features a donkey who dresses up as a frightening predator—but whose loud bray betrays his identity. Learners stop reading before they reach the ending to see if they can draw a conclusion about the moral, and then write a similar fable using a different theme.
- Before assigning the activity, have a mini-lesson on literary themes
- Apply the same activity to another fable
- Flesch-Kincaid readability score is 5.7
- Audio recording is 0:54 long
- Moral is relatable and easy to apply to a real-life situation
- Task may be difficult for readers who struggle to think abstractly