This The Concept of Diversity in World Literature Lesson 7: Cultural Commentary lesson plan also includes:
As part of their study of Things Fall Apart, class groups develop a multimedia presentation in response to the question, "In what ways does Achebe use literature as a means to express and comment on culture and history?"
1 Collection 22 Views 8 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Have groups find images that comment on culture and history, and create a gallery of the images
- The seventh in a 13-lesson unit, designed specifically for identified gifted and talented learners, that uses a variety of texts to explore the concept of diversity and the challenges of communicating across diverse cultures
- Chinua Achebe’s Things Fall Apart serves as the anchor text for the unit
- The seven-page resource includes the plan and a rubric for the presentation project
- The activity presumes class members are familiar with presentation technology