This The Beauty of Anglo-Saxon Poetry: A Prelude to Beowulf lesson plan also includes:
- The Beauty of Anglo-Saxon Poetry: Riddles Analysis Worksheet
- Lesson Plan
- Join to access all included materials
Riddle me this! What do kennings, caesura, and alliteration have to do with the Nowell Codex? Introduce class members to Anglo-Saxon poetry and prepare readers for a study of Beowulf with a series of activities that includes asking groups to translate, solve and then craft their own riddles.
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Includes links to a wealth of supplementary resources linked to Anglo-Saxon art, language and culture
- Weaker readers will need additional support translating the riddles from Old English