This Taxi Cabs assessment also includes:
Determine the cheapest way to the airport. Pupils read a scenario about trying to get 75 people to the airport using two different sizes of taxis. Learners calculate the number of smaller taxis needed given a number of large taxis and the cost for the trip. Scholars then determine which combination of taxis will get them to the airport for the least amount of money.
- Lead a discussion on determining the least number of vehicles needed to transport the group
- Brainstorm efficient methods to find the best priced combination
- Involves understanding ratios and direct proportions
- Contains sample responses with probing questions and feedback suggestions
- Includes a rubric for scoring purposes