This TASC Transition Curriculum: Workshop 5 lesson plan also includes:
Are video games sports? Pupils investigate this question as well as various nonfiction selections to learn more about claims and the support that defines them. All of the selections mimic the rigor on state tests and encourage close reading. The material is differentiated for individuals and helps everyone identify and create arguments of their own.
- Have a class debate to extend instruction and spark ideas for the written response
- Prompt writers to compare their work to a model response, noting their areas of improvement and refinement
- Make sure all individuals are engaged in discussion, whether they raise their hands or not
- Contains extra resources for English learners
- Provides hyperlinked resources to extend instruction
- Includes assessment for checking understanding