This Sum and Difference of Cubes: Stacking Blocks interactive also includes:
Investigate polynomial factoring patterns by finding a connection to volume. As learners build a three-dimensional solid from smaller solids, they convert the visual model to a mathematical expression. Their models represent the sum of two cubes, and their expressions determine the factoring pattern.
- Flip your classroom and assign the video as homework; use class time for the interactive portion of the lesson
- Record an example of each pattern as notes
- Requires a free CK-12 account to use lesson resources
- Creates a visual model to represent the polynomial identity
- Includes challenge questions within the simulation