This Straw Rockets unit also includes:
Scholars become rocket scientists as they take off on a journey exploring Newton's laws of motion. After learning the laws of motion, pupils design their own investigations using straw rockets. They highlight their literacy skills in a series of five tasks that lead to a complete lab report.
- Hold a competition for the group designing the rocket that travels the farthest to provide added motivation
- Have peers review each other's writing and provide feedback for revision
- Provides a link for acquiring materials for rockets
- Includes a rubric highlighting each section of a lab report and the scientific method
- Provides sample student work as an example