This Stories of Arrival lesson plan also includes:
While every family's immigration story is unique, patterns emerge when looking at individual narratives. Using clips from the PBS video series, "Latino Americans," learners look at commonalities among immigrant experiences. A chart helps them document their discoveries, and reflection questions assist with analysis.
- Create a jigsaw discussion on the stories of immigration to the United States
- Write journal entries based on the reflection questions after viewing the videos
- Lesson plan is ideal for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Videos are well produced and engaging
- All necessary materials, including the chart and questions, are ready to use