Show how matrices can be helpful for solving systems of equations. The video illustrates an example of solving a two-variable system utilizing Cramer's Rule. The instructor shows how to find the determinant of each matrix and then uses those determinants to find the x- and y-values of the solution.
- Create a guided notes document for learners to complete while watching the video
- Flip your classroom by assigning the video as homework and utilizing class time for questions and practice
- Assumes a familiarity with matrices
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Reviews how to find the determinant of a 2 x 2 matrix during the example
- Organizes the work well to allow pupils to follow the instruction through the multi-step process