What makes air fresh or not so fresh? The solution is solution chemistry! Explore homogeneous mixtures with a video from the JFR Science series. The narrator explains a variety of solution terms, how to classify solutions, and how people use this information in common measurements like air quality.
- Use the video to bridge the gap between basic mixture knowledge and solutions
- Have samples of mixtures on hand to help clarify points after the video is over
- Pupils should be able to differentiate between mixtures and pure substances before advancing toward types of solutions
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Resource covers all of the big ideas in solution chemistry
- Pulls in prior knowledge to show the viewer how to use it within the framework of concentration