This Social Media Roles lesson plan also includes:
Social media has changed the news publishing process, so how does it affect school news publications? Lesson nine in a 16-part series titled The Social Media Toolbox explores the traditional publishing roles through the lens of social media. Pupils read insightful articles and apply what they've learned to rearrange their own publication's staff responsibilities.
- Stage a scenario where learners work through the process of reporting news using social media rather than traditional formats
- Show examples of social media news reporting where outlets did not correct errors before publication
- Individuals need Internet access to read the articles and watch the video clips
- A great selection of sources gives the class plenty of information to work with
- The lesson plan contains links and meaningful discussion questions