This Snack Mix activity & project also includes:
Create a snacking recipe. Pupils develop a question after watching a video of the making of a snack. Learners come to an estimation of an answer to their question. The teacher provides additional information about the recipe as needed before classmates share their methods and solutions to their questions.
- Challenge scholars to determine the amount of each ingredient in terms of cups
- Use as an introduction to part-to-part and part-to-whole ratios
- Assumes the instructor has knowledge of working with Three Act Tasks
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Provides a suggested question to investigate
- Uses engaging videos to provide the needed information