This Small Group Discussion Questions worksheet also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Support a class reading of the novel Song of the Trees by Mildred D. Taylor with this series of discussion questions. Covering a variety of topics from character and setting to historical accuracy and symbolism, these questions challenge young readers to think critically about the story. Investigate these questions after finishing the book, breaking students into small groups to answer each question before discussing their answers as a whole class. This resource would make a great review exercise, preparing young readers for the end of the unit assessment.
- Six different reading comprehension questions are included in the resource
- Questions require students to provide textual evidence supporting their answers
- Worksheets support learners with written descriptions of the terms symbolism, theme, and historical fiction
- Page numbers referenced in the questions are from an anthology, not the novel itself