This See The Good Challenge lesson plan also includes:
- Thanks! A Strengths-Based Gratitude Curriculum for Tweens and Teens (.pdf)
- Lesson Two PowerPoint Slide Deck (.pptx)
- Nature. Beauty. Gratitude.
- Sesame Street - Bert and Ernie's "Gift of the Magi"
- Gratitude Experiment
- Gratitude As A Life Skill - GoStrengths!
- Reading Passage
- Join to access all included materials
Scientists study all sorts of things. For example, studies show that it feels good to feel grateful. Feeling grateful also contributes to physical health and strengthen relationships. In the second lesson about gratitude, class members watch a short video, view a PowerPoint, and discuss the benefits and cost of showing gratitude.
- Preview the video to determine which version is appropriate for your learning situation
- Second in a series of four lessons in the Gratitude curriculum
- Lessons are cumulative and designed to be used in order
- Requires individual copies of the journal handout and the short story, "Gift of the Magi"
- Offers the option of watching the Sesame Street or short story version of "Gift of the Magi"
- Asks individuals to keep a Gratitude Journal for one week