This Scientific Models: Mathematical, Physical and Conceptual interactive also includes:
This is one super model interactive! Middle and high school science scholars examine scientific models through a simple resource. Guided, hands-on practice allows them to classify conceptual, mathematical, and physical models. Other topics include the purpose of models and determining the best model for a given idea.
- Ask the class to name other models that fall into the mathematical, physical, and conceptual categories
- Incorporate the interactive into math, chemistry, or physical science classes
- Three of the embedded questions are discussion questions; plan adequate class time for this activity
- Access the interactive through a free CK-12 account
- Embedded questions are designed to promote differentiation between model types
- The interactive gives learners feedback as they go