This Scatter Plot interactive also includes:
What is the relationship between two variables? Groups work together to gather data on arm spans and height. Using the interactive, learners plot the bivariate data, labeling the axes and the graph. The resource allows scholars to create up to 10 colored scatter plots on the same axis, helping them make comparisons between the data sets.
- Use the resource to introduce how variables are related by plotting them on a scatter plot
- Individuals should understand plotting a point on the coordinate plane
- If using the suggested worksheet, provide tape measures to each group
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Contains links to lessons that use the interactive
- Includes a description of how to use the applet