This Save the Dinosaurs with Copper and Zinc! lesson plan also includes:
Create a coat of armor for dinosaur volunteers. Young scientists explore the oxidation-reduction reaction facilitated by electric current. The result of the reaction is a dinosaur coated in copper and zinc, which leads to an understanding of the electron flow during electrolysis. The lesson is the first in a two-part series.
- Incorporate during a unit on oxidation and reduction
- Have pupils draw a diagram showing the function of the electrolysis
- Review the safety precautions used when working with electricity and chemicals
- Provides an experimental procedure document for individuals to follow
- Includes background information for both teachers and students