This Synthesis of Nickel Nanowires lesson plan also includes:
It's all about the scale—they're not just wires, they're nanowires! The second lesson plan of the series builds on the oxidation-reduction experiment in the first lesson plan. Scholars synthesize a sample of nanowires using electrolysis. As they create their sample, they consider the application of the nanotechnology component.
- Following the lesson, have pupils research the function of nanowires in industry
- Review the safety precautions specific to the experiment
- Allow time to collect and prepare necessary materials
- Reviews background knowledge connected to the lesson
- Emphasizes important scientific concepts