This Round and Round We Go lesson plan also includes:
Connect the dots on trigonometry with K'nex. Scholars use a K'nex model of a Ferris wheel to collect data points to plot on a height versus time graph. They'll then consider what type of function best models the data in the graph—and hopefully they come up with a trigonometric function!
- Have pupils research data on a real Ferris wheel to write a trigonometric function
- Activity requires a variety of materials; see resource for complete list
- Learners should have a basic familiarity with graphs of trigonometric functions
- Provides links to video clips to show the class
- Lists very detailed lesson procedures