This Relative Reasoning in Finance video also includes:
Take stock of your financial knowledge. As part of the Math at the Core MS: Ratios series, future investors consider the financial well-being and the environmental stewardship of companies in which to invest. They calculate an emissions efficiency index, which is the ratio of pounds of pollution to the amount of sales, to compare different companies.
- Invite a financial advisor to give a presentation
- Team up with a business teacher and/or science teacher for a cross-curricular lesson
- Scholars must be familiar with ratios
- Provides printable handouts for the activity
- Includes pacing guide to keep class on track
- Video may not be interesting to young learners