This Regional Patterns of Climate: Pacific Northwest lesson plan also includes:
Climate systems involve sunlight, ocean, atmosphere, ice, land forms, and many other factors. Scholars explore each of these variables related to the Pacific Northwest rain forest. They use an online interactive to investigate the polar jet stream and long-term patterns. Then, they apply what they learned to the topic of rain shadow formation using satellite images.
- Compare the climate patterns of the Pacific Northwest to the opposite coast
- Requires computer access for every pupil or small group
- Relies on prior knowledge of the difference between weather and climate
- Includes support materials designed for English learners
- Provides teaching tips throughout to help implement the lesson