This Recent Adaptations in Humans interactive also includes:
You've probably spent plenty of time discussing animal adaptations with your young biologists, but what about human adaptations? Explore the evolving traits of humankind through an interactive that combines text and video clips. Scholars discover how natural selection is affecting our ability to taste bitterness and drink milk.
- Add the resource to a natural selection or genetics lesson to illustrate adaptation in humans
- Do a quick survey at the beginning of class to see if students or their families are lactose intolerant to add real-world context to the content
- Assumes an understanding of genetic mutations and inherited traits to work independently through the interactive
- Interactive is well-written, easy to use, and informative
- Teacher's resources include a student worksheet and tips for planning the lesson