This Real-World Proportional Relationships: Gender Wage Gap activity & project also includes:
When will the gender wage gap disappear? Scholars use a provided infographic to see trends in wage gap over time. They use ratios of women's wages to men's wages to determine which decades had the greatest change in the wage gap. The resource is part of a larger series called The Lowdown: Real-World Math.
- Collaborate with a social studies teacher for the lesson
- Learners should be familiar with medians
- Pupils must have knowledge of ratios
- Graphic is available as a handout
- Lesson instructions provide timing suggestions to keep the class on track