This Real-Life Math | Zoo Keeper, Hoofstock instructional video also includes:
Zoos are a great place to learn about math (and see cute animals, too). Part of a larger Real-Life Math series, an informative video, which has a zookeeper describe math in her job, sets the stage for the lesson. Learners answer questions about the amount of worming treatment needed for zebras of given weights.
- Visit a local zoo and see how zookeepers use math
- Pupils should be familiar with both customary and metric units
- Resource suggests using calculators when computing with decimals
- Lists questions to use at various stages of the activity
- Provides a pacing guide to keep the lesson on track
- Worksheet only has two problems to consider