Woodworking is math-intensive work. Viewing a video of a woodworker explaining how he applies math in his craft sets the stage for a crafty lesson. Pupils use ratios and proportions to create scale drawings of objects.
24 Views 16 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Team up with a technology teacher for the lesson
- Learners should be familiar with ratios and proportions
- Activity requires rulers or tape measures, containers, and graph paper
- Provides detailed procedures for the lesson
- Connects math to real-life professions, showing teenagers the importance of the subject
- Does not include handouts or worksheets