This Real-Life Math — Production Scheduler video also includes:
Use unit rates to find the number of parts needed to produce a given number of units. A production scheduler shares the different ways schedulers use math to ensure the required amount of parts are available to manufacture air conditioner units. Pupils use a similar method to determine the time and cost needed to produce a given number of tables.
- Be specific about including units in the work
- Students should be comfortable multiplying fractions and decimals
- Expects that individuals understand unit rates
- Part of the Math at the Core MS: Ratios series
- Shows the dimensional analysis used in the video
- Includes questions to ask at specific times during the video to spark discussion