This Real-Life Math | Nurse video also includes:
Quick, nurse, grab a calculator! A role-playing activity has groups measure vitals, such as heart rate, blood pressure, weight, etc. After viewing a video on how nurses use math in the workplace, scholars apply knowledge of rates and ratios to calculate medication dosages.
- Visit a hospital to see nurses use math in everyday tasks
- Activity requires a variety of materials; see the resource for complete list
- Pupils should be familiar with ratios and rates
- Provides an activity extension to consider
- Includes printable worksheets and handouts for each part of the activity