Get healthy using math (although exercise helps, too!). Future consumers analyze a set of nutritional labels to compare caloric and nutrition information for two cereal brands. After watching a video of a health educator explaining how math plays a role in her job, scholars get together in groups to design a nutritious breakfast.
- Team up with a health teacher for the activity
- Internet-connected devices are necessary for research during the activity
- Requires prior instructor preparation collecting cereal nutrition information
- Relates math to the daily lives of teenagers
- Includes some class discussion prompts
- No available handouts or worksheets