This Real-Life Math | Chef video also includes:
Cook up a lesson on unit conversions. Scholars brainstorm how chefs use math in restaurants, and then watch a video of a real chef explaining how unit conversions, food and supply costs, portion sizes, and payroll all require math. They then consider some related problems that require applying ratios and proportional reasoning.
- Collaborate with a family and consumer sciences or economics teacher
- If time is an issue, use one of the worksheets as a take-home assignment
- Pupils should be familiar with unit conversions through dimensional analysis
- Provides some discussion questions for instructors to use in the classroom
- Includes worksheets with answer key