This Presenting Persuasively (Grades 6-8) lesson plan also includes:
Teens and pre-teens are a prime target for advertisers, so how are they doing it? An interactive lesson highlights the strategies used by advertisers, such as visual imagery and verbal clues. Then, a short writing assignment puts those strategies into practice.
- Expand analysis by hanging advertisements around the room as part of a advertisement gallery walk
- Find current commercials online to use as examples
- Use a digital version of an advertisement and display with a projector to make it easier to see the markup
- Requires teachers to find their own advertisements to use for analysis
- Uses real-world materials (advertisements) to help illustrate a concept
- Includes questions to perform a critical analysis of an advertisement