You can't get from point A to point B if you can't find point A. Using a helpful video lesson, viewers learn how to plot points on a coordinate plane. The instructor emphasizes the vertical and horizontal distance of the x and y coordinates and uses points in all four quadrants and on the y-axis.
- Have partners create a set of points in all quadrants for each other to graph
- Ask individuals to draw their horizontal and vertical distances with different colors before plotting the point
- Students should be familiar with the coordinate plane
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Instructor reviews basic information about the coordinate plane
- Includes an option for closed captioning to support new vocabulary