This Pizza Crusts assessment also includes:
Enough stuffed crust to go around. Pupils calculate the area and perimeter of a variety of pizza shapes, including rectangular and circular. Individuals design rectangular pizzas with a given area to maximize the amount of crust and do the same with a circular pizza.
- Bring in stuffed crust pizzas and measure them to compare actual to calculated values
- Consider removing the formulas from the assessment task
- If allowing the class to use a calculator, be clear on whether they should use the pi key or 3.14 in thier calculations
- The resource has a worksheet so teachers can analyze the students' responses
- The Noyce Foundation determined the standards that would go with the task
- The rubric has spelling errors, and the grid lines do not align with the item numbers