This Opioids in Our Community—Middle School lesson plan also includes:
How do opioids affect the lives of families and individuals within a community? Scholars explore the topic with a series of informative, thought-provoking videos. They also complete worksheets and discuss the effects of the opioid epidemic in small groups.
- Have partners create a poster to inform others about opioid abuse
- Ask individuals to research a list of community resources for those affected by the opioid crisis
- Requires showing several brief videos
- Contains material that may be sensitive for some learners
- Videos are interesting and contain first-person accounts of the effects of drug addiction
- Includes a list of helpful vocabulary and a corresponding worksheet