This Observing Monsoon Weather Patterns with TRMM Data lesson plan also includes:
Follow a fabulous slide show on how monsoons form and how satellite technology is being used to observe the phenomena, explaining why they occur. Afterward, visit the TRMM (Tropical Rainfall Measuring Mission) website to access actual data and write about current weather patterns.
- A 28-slide presentation comes complete with speaker's notes for each slide
- Stunning PowerPoint includes, text, color images, and even video animations to teach
- Addresses one of the Next Generation Science Standards for middle school earth science
- Capture sheet provided to guide learners in the note-taking process
- Many reputable resource links are embedded in the lesson plan
- Lesson plan and student capture sheet both refer to a rubric for assessing the writing assignment, but it is only available as a separate sheet