This Nonlinear Systems of Equations lesson plan also includes:
Explore nonlinear systems through graphs and algebra. High schoolers begin by examining the different types of quadratic functions and their possible intersections. They then use algebraic methods to solve systems containing various combinations of equations. Using graphs, individuals connect the algebraic solutions to a visual representation.
- Distribute graph paper and have your classes sketch the graph of each system of equation for reference
- Uses graphing calculators and transparency sheets
- Applies several new vocabulary words which may require extra support for ELL pupils
- Practice problems are provided for class members to demonstrate what they have learned
- Includes all necessary handouts