This Newton’s Cool in the Pool lesson plan also includes:
Pupils work together to investigate the cooling of NASA’s Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory. Using data collected as the pool cooled, groups determine the values needed in Newton's Law of Cooling equation to model the situation. They then determine the function and analyze it.
- Provide instruction on solving exponential equations
- Investigate Newton's Law of Cooling
- Requires TI-Nspire handhelds
- The answer document is also a TI-Nspire document
- The solutions in the answer sheet show the calculations required
- Problem number 1.15 is missing