This Music and Poetry lesson plan also includes:
Song lyrics, like poems, are meant to be heard. After examining the literary devices in several poems, scholars examine the lyrics of popular songs and identify the sound devices and the figurative language writers use to create the piece's mood.
- Use the lesson to conclude an introductory study of poetry and poetic devices
- Pupils require access to computers with internet
- Requires prior knowledge of poetic devices
- Set aside extra prep time to locate, prepare, and copy materials
- The detailed, step-by-step plan Includes a list of poems and songs appropriate for the activities as well as discussion questions
- Offers several options for a summative assessment