This Molecular Structure of Fat interactive also includes:
Bad fat, good fat, trans fat, food fat—are all fats created equal? Get to the bottom of the types of fat with a well-crafted presentation. The resource covers adipose tissue, lipids, trans fats, and many other substances that fall under the often-overused label of fat.
- Use the presentation as the pre-work for a flipped classroom lesson
- Ask individuals to describe all of the meanings of fat they are aware of before starting the presentation
- Some understanding of organic chemistry terms and macromolecules is helpful when using the presentation
- Great explanations make the structure of different fats clear
- The resource is an asset for both introduction and review of organic macromolecules