This Mini Lesson A: Monetization lesson plan also includes:
Advertising is everywhere! Does your class know that their attention span is for sale, even when they're watching a simple news story? The second installment in a five-part series from iCivics examines the relationship between news providers and their advertising partners. Pupils research news networks to learn about their target audiences, then relate the information to the types of advertisements featured alongside news stories.
- Have the class work in small groups and discuss their answers when they have finished their research
- Stream a news broadcast and have learners identify and record the types of advertising they observe
- Schedule individual computer access so everyone can see the worksheet and research information about news organizations
- The lesson is easy to modify based on the needs of your class
- Students can complete work online and save it as a PDF file to minimize paper use