This Mindfulness Breathing lesson plan also includes:
The more you practice, the better you get. That's the big idea behind a lesson for middle schoolers about using mindfulness breathing techniques to reduce stress. Class members practice Star Breathing and Rainbow Breathing exercises and review mindful coping strategies studied in previous lessons. Groups then apply what they have learned to two scenarios where they offer advice to stressed pupils.
- For more related lessons and activities, check out the Unit 1 Overview linked in the Included Materials section of this review
- Enlarge and post the Star and BEEMS graphics
- Fifth in a series of 12 Health Smart lessons
- Lessons are designed to be presented in order
- End the lesson with the presentation to review concepts
- The plan includes detailed step-by-step directions