This Measuring Borders lesson plan also includes:
If you've always wanted to know the perimeter of the state of Oklahoma, now's your chance. A measuring activity has learners use three different sticks to estimate the perimeter of the state. Along the way, they learn how convergent and divergent series relates to the perimeter and area.
- Have each classmate investigate the perimeter of a different state
- Collaborate with a geography teacher for the lesson
- Pupils should be familiar with convergent and divergent series
- Provides a cut-out of a map and rulers to use
- Lists some teacher's notes and annotations to help conduct the activity