This Martin Luther King, Jr. and the Fight for Civil Rights interactive also includes:
Find clues to the past with photos! Young historians use a photo from one of Martin Luther King Jr.'s peaceful protests to practice photo analysis. Academics look at the image to gain clues about what is happening and why. To finish, scholars participate in group discussion to connect the photo to First Amendment rights.
- Read the text of the First Amendment as a class
- Have pupils find images of peaceful protests
- Requires Internet access to complete the activity
- The activity is short and fast paced
- Resource is a great study guide for the United States Civics Test