This Lu Shih — The Couplets of T’ang lesson plan also includes:
Writing poetry in ancient China was the modern equivalent of sending a greeting card. Scholars learn about the ancient Chinese poetic form called the lu shih. They read about the context of poetry during the T'ang Dynasty and complete a chart comparing Taoism, Buddhism, and Confucianism. Finally, they put their skills to work and compose their own lu shih poems.
- Review background information about the topic provided within the resource
- Offer learners the chance to work on their poems with partners or in small groups
- Instructors should print materials in advance
- Effectively organized with guiding questions, learning objectives, and headings for each lesson component
- Includes a helpful and thorough teacher rubric for the student interactive